View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 17, 2019, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
According to SSP''s database, metro Toronto now has 100 buildings over 500' tall, including U/C towers.

There are only two other cities in the US/Canada that have reached that same mark: New York (300) and Chicago (123).

What makes Toronto's crossing of this threshold even more impressive is the fact that as recently as 2004, Toronto only had 11 500+ footers. That's an increase of 89 such towers in only 15 years!

Hot. Damn.
Hot damn is right. I have a friend that is an iron worker in Toronto and it sounds like things have been going very well for him. He just bought himself a big house in the boonies and a new Mercedes. My only gripe with his work is that much of it has been in Mississauga where a lot of the projects end up being towers in a park. They’re not very walkable. I don’t know how tall they are offhand, but it almost feels like they’re building tall for the sake of building tall. The projects in Toronto are better integrated, but most were pretty meh from a design perspective. This is the story everywhere these days, but there are a lot of blank walls and vacant retail spaces. Really kills the streetscape.