View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 6, 2021, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRitsman View Post
I mean, I think a big reason is that Hamilton is one of, if not the worst municipality in Canada for emissions. The health of lower city residents is also becoming more apparent of an issue. I'm also sorry to say this, but now that the lower city is becoming a more middle income area, it's likely the government wanted to avoid looking like they were literally poisoning people, because middle class residents complain more about dying early from lung cancer.
Fair point, I've always thought Hamilton was making good headway on emissions and health concerns but maybe that's a story I tell myself because I'd like to think there's Cootes, RBG, and the industrial lands have been decommissioned over time, but it could be a fairy tale.

Is there any studies with figures on emissions and the environment by Mac or similar body?

Whenever I look at the health impacts on the lower city, it's quite visible and I always wondered if the city knows the costs associated with pollution, emissions, and cancer causing agents that have caused health impairments (especially pre-90s).