View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 2:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post
Thanks for the comment drop!

Presque Isle/Lake Erie is truly Erie's saving grace (and obviously the reason the city exists in the first place), since there honestly wouldn't be too much positive about the place at the present time. Things are getting better it seems, but there is a LONG way to go in trying to make up for decades of complacent decline and just absolutley stupid decisions made by civic "leadership".

Also, I think Sara's food sucks big time. It hasn't been good for years now... if you get a footlong, it comes out overcooked and lukewarm. The fact that they are the only restaturant at the entrance of Presque Isle is the only reason the place continues to thrive.
Sarah’s has good shakes though, if memory serves me right. I love how waldameers has that coaster going over the road to presque isle. They were building that right before we moved.

Erie is charming. And PA is a great state. I like the Lancaster/Hershey area. Not too far from D.C. and other major attractions. Never saw Pittsburgh or Philly though, too bad. Will definitely try to one day.