View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 17, 2020, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidberko View Post
Though I never post to or follow this thread, I lived in Erie for maybe 6 months back in ‘08 when my parents moved for the first time (job related). I’m almost 30 now but I still have fond memories of my brief time here. Saw Erie pop up when looking for my other cities I follow so I thought I’d drop a comment. Lived in Whispering Woods while there. Nice golf course if that’s your thing.
Presque Isle, Sarah’s Diner, and Waldameer’s are so unique. You have a lot to be proud of 😊
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWCC8 View Post
Sarah's doing a bang up bizz as usual

Thanks for the comment drop!

Presque Isle/Lake Erie is truly Erie's saving grace (and obviously the reason the city exists in the first place), since there honestly wouldn't be too much positive about the place at the present time. Things are getting better it seems, but there is a LONG way to go in trying to make up for decades of complacent decline and just absolutley stupid decisions made by civic "leadership".

Also, I think Sara's food sucks big time. It hasn't been good for years now... if you get a footlong, it comes out overcooked and lukewarm. The fact that they are the only restaturant at the entrance of Presque Isle is the only reason the place continues to thrive.