View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 25, 2017, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takascar View Post
I have to look out my window at this POS every day. Every time I go into that bldg it makes me mad - The same corruption that built this is responsible for our 100bln in pension liabilities and other corruption.

Tear it down and let the private sector build something useful.

Whatever the state does, they should sell the land on the condition that something specific be built on the property, approved by the state first, and ensure that the developer has the money to complete it.

I like the 115 floor design. Will add more uniqueness to the city skyline
So you think the state government is inept and terrible and shouldn't make decisions and then proceed to suggest that the same government make specific demands on what the private sector should do with the land. The cognitive dissonance here is outstanding.

If this is about maximizing revenue, then the state should put it up for bid and back out. Let the developers make as many choices as possible. My only recommendation would be a demand that any development maintain or possibly improve access to public transit. Let's not forget that TC sits is connected to the Blue, Brown, Green, Orange, and Pink lines.