Thread: My Los Ángeles
View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 6:36 AM

Random photos taken today, Saturday, 4.10.2021.

Union Station is kind of a mess right now... AMPAS will be presenting the Oscars on April 25th from Union Station, the busiest transit center and railway station west of the Mississippi, yet somehow, transit riders and the general public won't be inconvenienced, according to the Academy. They are prepping for the telecast. The Grand Hall, north and south patios, and Grand Ticketing Hall will be utilized. I guess you can argue that the Oscars are held on a Sunday, typically the slowest day in terms of transit use, plus the number of transit riders has gone down during this pandemic, but traffic and transit users have begun to creep up again. These pictures were taken around 9:30am on Saturday.

Photo by me

Photo by me

One of the patios that will be used during the telecast.

Photo by me

Another view.

Photo by me

The Grand Hall is blocked off.

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Afterwards, a quick jaunt through the Plaza and Olvera Street, where the city of Los Angeles began.

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

I was kinda sad to see this restaurant closed; their food is pretty good, and we've been going here for many years. It's been in business since 1924, has been at this location since 1930, and is in the Pelanconi House, which was built circa 1855-1857. I'm hoping this is just a temporary closure.

Photo by me

Photo by me

Photo by me

~ Charles Bukowski

Last edited by sopas ej; Apr 14, 2021 at 4:05 PM.