View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 10:09 PM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boisebro View Post
New Plymouth, Idaho (just outside of Boise) was designed in the 1890's by the Plymouth Society of Chicago.

it hasn't grown much since its founding, though being part of the Boise metro, it could become a bedroom community at some point:

I don't think it'll ever be a "bedroom community" for Boise unless Boise gets some sort of regular rail service that just happens to go through it. It takes an hour to get there now, and there's dozens of miles of farmland between Boise and it. Even Middleton is kind of pushing things. I think anything that far northwest of Boise is unlikely to develop anytime soon. West of Boise, even though prices have been creeping up, there's still a ton of room for development between Meridian and Nampa, and double the ton of developable land due west from Caldwell and Nampa, and south of Meridian toward Kuna. And as all that land gets filled in, traffic is going to put a lot of pressure of distance, maybe even pushing things back toward Mountain Home before development gets as far as New Plymouth or Ontario.
[/SIZE]