View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 27, 2009, 11:10 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by q12 View Post
How about a design like Yager Stadium at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.
Built in 1983 the design has had crowds between 25,000 and 30,000.
Not sure what the construction cost would be in 2010.
Fenwick16 I know this is not a CFL size field, but could you try this design on some of the sites that have been suggested, or this too much like McMahon stadium to make a difference?

Construction cost to build the original design was $13.5 million in 1983. Renovation was done in 2003-2005.
I like this stadium. It looks similar in size to the InfoCision Stadium in Akron, Ohio. Initially I had thought of trying the Akron Stadium on various sites but decided that it would give false data since the Canadian stadiums (Stadia) are 150 yards long (they have deeper end zones in addition to a longer field) as opposed to 120 yards for US stadiums. The width is also significantly wider. So the same height of stands along the full length of a Canadian field will have a significantly higher capacity.

I would prefer to stick to Canadian football fields. But just out of curiosity I would like to try the Indianapolis Lucas Oil stadium on a couple of sites around Halifax. I have a feeling that even at 63,000 seats that it is probably similar in size to McMahon. One Canadian stadium that I would really like to try would be the new Blue Bombers proposed stadium if I can find an overhead drawing. I think that I could scale it based on the football field dimensions (since we won't find it on any Google Earth Maps).

Yes, the number of petition names seems to be picking up. I wonder if the author of that petition is involved in this thread? I sent him an email a couple of weeks ago with a link to this thread (his email address was on the petition). It is good that there is room for a short comment with the names. However, I think to be effective the number of names should be a few thousand at least.