View Single Post
Old Posted May 8, 2020, 12:14 AM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Anyway, I am about to draft the email now. Since Mrs. Schimpf is taking tomorrow off, it means that I won't be able to chat with her until next week. Well, I suppose that we both get to buy time.
From Metro-One:
Quote:
Want to know who opposed the interchange and while, and really want to stress the importance the #1 is to the nation (obviously economically) and the danger of putting a few special interest groups concerns (likely something along the lines of lost business for road side stops) over the greater good for the province and nation and safety of the road.
From swimmer_spe:
Quote:
Do you have credentials and facts to back up your claim? Something that tells her you know what you are talking about? (If not,) Well, now you have gotten yourself in a mess. (...) I’d suggest waiting till he (Metro-One) gets one then you both can work on a response.
From a friend of mine (who also knows p78hub, who only lurks in the AB & B.C. subsection):
Quote:
In general, for any sort of discussion/debate or just trying to get your point across, it's good to be adequately prepared with your points and supporting evidence.
In terms of "evidence", these are all that I got:
https://www.radionl.com/2020/05/04/59927/
https://cfjctoday.com/2020/05/02/cos...tion-minister/
So, what kind of case can I make in favour of the interchange instead of 2 T-protected intersections?
From GlassCity:
Quote:
it's hard to convince people concerned with numbers when your goal has so much symbolism attached to it
FYI this was her initial reply:
Quote:
Good evening (Insert my name)

I’d be happy to set up a time to chat with you to discuss the details of the revisions to the design which are an outcome of public consultation in earlier public engagement.

Please let me know if there’s acceptable times to you later this week (Thursday) or early next week, apologies I am not available Friday as it is a vacation day I’ve taken to be with my kids.

Thank you for your email. And I look forward to chatting with you soon.

Kind regards,
Maike