View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 5:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Charles View Post
Hello, this is my first post on the forum. I have lived my entire life in Los Angeles, and I absolutely love the beautiful old buildings, so many of which (see my avatar) we have lost in the name of “progress”.

I’ve been reading this thread for probably a year now. I had originally intended to not make any comments until I had caught up, but this thread is now over 2,000 pages long! I just passed page number 1007, and at the rate I’m going, I’m never gonna catch up!

With the help of you fine people, I now believe that I could easily navigate old LA if I were thrown into a time machine. I could explore the beautiful, long-gone tunnels on Hill and on Broadway. I could make my way around the much-missed Bunker Hill, visit the Bradbury Mansion, and ride down Court Flight. And I could find myself a good lunch in the original Chinatown. And boy, would it be a pleasure to do it!

Anyways, here’s my thanks to all of you people who have made this such an amazing thread‼

I like many, I assume, have also thought about the proverbial time machine while looking at old photos. Of all the fascinating photos that have been seen here, for some reason this one posted by Beaudry in 2016 is the time and place I'd most want to visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaudry View Post
Thought I'd add this to the going, going, gone:

nadel again, CRA/slums/1955Sept30/255SBHA
I'd love to sit on the bench next to the old guy and maybe ask him where he buys his suspenders. Things like that...

Last edited by Bristolian; Jan 26, 2018 at 7:05 PM. Reason: Just because