View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 26, 2018, 12:24 AM

I promised to share family photos of Busch Gardens if and when I found them. I found them, and am afraid that, as you see, they don't show much of Busch Gardens. I had hoped that my photos had shown some of the structures etc. They show not structures but rather some etc.; but the etc. they show is not very interesting.

In the first photo, the creature to the left is young odinthor, accompanied by his mother and his brother. The trees, water, rocks, and boat are thoroughly Busch Gardens trees, water, rocks, and boat. If young odinthor seems thrilled, it is because odinthor is always thrilled by the presence of palm trees.

odinthor collection. Photography by father of odinthor.

In the second photo, the creature in the middle is young odinthor, flanked by his mother and father. odinthor's father looks tired, no doubt from the long drive. The trees, grass, water, and fountain are, however, not tired, and are components of Busch Gardens. odinthor is less thrilled because palm trees are not present, but characteristically is trying to make the best of such a tragedy.

odinthor collection. Photography by brother of odinthor.

These pix were taken on May 29, 1966, the year in which Busch Gardens Van Nuys opened.