View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 2, 2016, 1:20 PM
mañana is my busiest day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedok View Post
Except american cities are massively sprawlier than Canadian ones. Just because two things are the same area doesn't mean they operate the same way. The LA CSA is close to the area of Belgium. Doesn't mean Brussels can claim the whole country as their metro. Same with, say Nuremberg vs. all of Bavaria (which is also about the area of the LA CSA too).

That's not a rule to go by since it's often not true, even if LA is a sprawling mess. Edmonton sprawls out as much or worse than any US city of comparable size that I can think of.... and I've been to almost all of them. On average US cities sprawl out only slightly more than Canadian cities.... the two are very similar actually, so your claim that "US cities are massively sprawlier than Canadian ones" certainly is not true.
If you study Google Earth, the cities of the Greater Golden Horseshoe sprawl out almost endlessly. There must be over 100 tiny hamlets and endless acreages separated by small farms interspersed among the cities in southern Ontario. This fact is why the concept of the "Greater Golden Horseshoe" got started in the first place.

Last edited by Waterlooson; Nov 2, 2016 at 1:33 PM.