View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 5, 2019, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Owen View Post
Superlo seems most viable for the larger grocery tenant since they're local and employee-owned (to which I think the Stepherson's name should be used instead), though I wouldn't rule out the possibility of an AWG-branded store being considered (i.e., Cash Saver, Apple Market) if they get a franchisee involved. Aldi is also possible as well.

In terms of the boutique grocer, three options come to mind. Either a Sprouts, Fresh Market, or a Trader Joe's seem likely. We'll have to wait and see what happens with those efforts.
I almost forgot about Gordins Butcher Shoppe as a option. Memphis have a decent selection for low cost grocery stores. I dont think they'll have a problem bringing one of the few.

I'll love to see Trader Joe's as the choice. Only because there's one location now. We have two spourts, more than two Fresh Markets. So that will expand their presence. I hope we don't see an over saturation with downtown grocery options. As I remembered South City had a plan already for its mixed-use development (unless this is it) and somewhere else in the South Main area