View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 11, 2014, 5:33 AM
Fourth and Main

Three are proposed that could have 10 or more floors. (760, Civic Plaza Tower, and Mixed-use Theatre District Hotel) 760 has already taken core samples, is finishing the design stage, and completed site demolition last month. 760 will likely be the first of the three to break ground. They are waiting until the building across the street is fully leased before starting on this one. With proposed buildings, it's always wait and see what happens. One building with around 11-12 floors was recently completed a few weeks ago.

760 will be built across the street from this building (construction photograph below); under construction at Fourth & Broad. This awesome view was shared recently.

West Fourth Office Building: The View! (This is the building I spoke of across the street from 760)

Source

Big Winston Market:
I found more information about this building recently, to update our list.

GC: LMI Builders Inc.
Renovation Cost: $962,052

525@Vine: Certified LEED Platinum!
Big update on this building. 525@Vine was certified LEED Platinum, the highest LEED certification, recently. A nurse anesthesia group is relocating from another city to Winston-Salem. They are considering locating in this downtown building. I'm hoping it will be fully leased if they lease this space! The outside is almost completed, but if you look into the windows of these photographs, you can see the inside is still under construction for the tenants. I love the hanging sculpture inside the atrium too.

Source: Linville Team

A retail courtyard:

Notice the lights are red in this image (above). These lights change color and are blue in an earlier image.

Inmar Headquarters: Certified LEED Platinum!
Another building certified LEED Platinum in the past week! Again, the highest LEED certification! Some workers are already moving-in and this building should open soon. Plans are to keep the interior's appearance a secret! However, WSTB offered a look inside, which I will share here at SSP! This is a great addition to downtown!

Source

The staircase suspended from the ceiling is a big design feature for Inmar's new downtown headquarters.

Inmar is one of North Carolina's largest tech company headquarters. They process nearly $50 billion in commercial transactions each year and are one of the city's largest employers. This building will open with around 1,000 employees. It is designed so the company can expand here with a few hundred more IT employees. They also have 6 other buildings in the city, if I remember correctly? If you're looking for a job, this company is always hiring.

UNCSA News:
Attendance, concessions, and revenue from performances has doubled in the past year!

Wake Forest University Football:
A recent large donation by the CEO of Vacations To Go will be used to help build a sports-performance center. The facility will also enhance the university's nutrition program for student-athletes. Should we add this to the list?

Headquarters Relocating to Winston-Salem:
Another gain for downtown Winston-Salem this past week was the headquarters for general contractor LMI Builders. They do a large amount of work downtown, so it's no surprise they would want to relocate their headquarters to Winston-Salem. They will renovate an historic property beside Wells Fargo's West End Center. It will feature LMI's headquarters on the top floor and possibly a restaurant or another office on the ground floor.

Transit, Bike, & Pedestrian Improvements
Winston-Salem is currently planning three bike boulevards and cycle tracks, in the neighborhoods to the north-northwest of downtown. They will connect attractions there with downtown. Of course one of the bigger bike related projects is a way to store several bicycles in one small place, possibly underground! Also included in talks are more pedestrian bridges, road diets, bike boxes, and reduced speeds. All of this is a five year plan, that could cost $9 million. I love the direction this city is taking.

Last edited by Matthew; Feb 11, 2014 at 12:34 PM.