View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 23, 2016, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Pal View Post

Hollywood's Bar of Music
7351 Beverly Blvd.

Marjorie Casper and Lt. Michael R. Rusnack
This photo was taken on March 7, 1943.

For additional prints write to Bar of Music- Pictures are $1.25 each, tax and mailing charges included.
Be sure to mention this date: March 7, 1943, and this no.: 15.

Michael attached a note on the back of the picture:

___

I thought sure I'd heard of the Bar of Music before on NLA, but I haven't located anything.

In January, BifRayRock, on post #32931, quoted a 1929 amusement map referencing a place on Beverly Blvd. called The Cuckoo Clock and later in the post writes:

In 1930, the Cuckoo Clock was located at 7351 Beverly Blvd. Later became the "Katinka" and "The Carolina Pines."
In his post, the source of the referenced photo is this post by Chuckaluck:

While Katinka was definitely at 7351 Beverly Blvd., I don't believe Carolina Pines ever was, because E_R's post was inquiring about
the ad with Carolina Pines at 7351 Melrose Ave. (4 short blocks west of La Brea) and Chuckaluck happened to veer off on another tangent
with Katinka at 7351 Beverly Blvd. and then BRR joined the two together. In researching the location, however, I discovered that
Martin Turnbull's Garden of Allah site, now has this incorrect information as well.

Here's an exterior of the club: (I left it large to notice the building next to it--the blade sign and also painted on the side--is the Spanish Kitchen,
it's history and mystery mentioned previously on NLA, but no older photos of it!)

TripAdvisor

It's said to have a circular bar and behind this bar was a stage with two pianos on it, which
looks to be drawn on this napkin from the place. Phone: WEbstr-7811

jericl cat/Flickr
--- I read that Garbo was sent home to feminize her ensemble as she'd arrived in one of her tailored slacks outfits. In GayGirlsRidingClub's Aware News- circa 1970- Remember When pages---

Last edited by rick m; Feb 23, 2016 at 11:38 PM. Reason: my comment landed on wrong portion--