View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 3:54 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfx_chris View Post
You kidding? With the amount of fuss they raise for a weekend concert, the idea of giving up that space for a permanent venue would send them off the deep end for sure.

There's some renewed discussion going on now in the Halifax section thanks to fenwick16. Personally I hate the idea of it going out at Exhibition Park, that's such a difficult place to get in and out of, the Prospect Road backs up every time during the fall fair, imagine how it would be during a CFL game.
I think it really needs to be on a highway. I personally liked the Shannon Park site, but somebody mentioned the old quarry areas north of Dartmouth Crossing along hwy 102. I don't know what Dartmouth Crossing's plans are for development of that land, but it would be a great location for a stadium if you ask me, especially with the close proximity to the restaurants in the northern end of DC.

Another option being discussed is the area around the Halifax Forum, or the vacant land across Young Street, although I don't think that areas quite big enough.
With regards to the Halifax commons, I realize that it likely will not happen, however, what a great location. I didn't realize that the Exhibition Park was difficult to get into, maybe it should be ruled out. It seems like the Forum lands and Dartmouth Crossings vicinity are the two best possibilities so far.

I think that this forum is a great way for people to become proactive regarding getting a stadium built in the Halifax area. Once it gets to say 200 posts, I think that it would be good to start contacting people who can actually start the ball rolling, for example in the Halifax Regional Council, Provincial government, Scott Ferguson, Trade Centre Limited, etc.They could be contacted by email and send a link to this thread (or probably the Halifax thread). Maybe a representative in Halifax could contact them in person. It would be great to get someone like Scott Ferguson involved in this discussion on Skyscraperpage (I don't think that this is too far fetched). I don't know him, but maybe there is someone on this forum who does. Also, does any Skyscraperpage forum-er know someone in the city council who would champion this cause?