View Single Post
Old Posted May 8, 2008, 8:24 PM
On Guard For Thee

Live by the sword--die by the sword. Without passing judgement on his accumen as a developer--the man's entire business relies on hype and promotion. Frankly it's akin to the celebrity who doesn't like to be mocked on Saturday Night Live--they'll happily cash the cheque at the end of the day but are wounded mortally if they're mocked. It doesn't make sense to me at all, and the fact that it would even be raised as an issue is disappointing. Stinson should be full steam ahead as opposed to pouring a foundation for his exit strategy. While it is correct that the Stinson proposal would be a positive change for the city--it's not a not-for-profit project--it's business--in most ways no different than building houses in Ancaster is business. I want Stinson to suceed here very badly--the welcome he has received thus far has been far more than warm--but when I read of his being slighted by an editorial cartoon--I can't help but think that he expects a parade in his honor. I understand why people are rushing to his defence--but give it some serious thought--it just doesn't make sense.