View Single Post
Old Posted May 4, 2007, 5:32 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHiRO View Post
I don't know of any notable racial incidents against Turks in Germany, if they are so notable you should name them, but I suspect you are talking out of your ass again. Sure there are bound to be incidents seeing how large the Turkish community is in Germany, but nothing out of the "ordinary".
?
It does not matter what i say, because you probably won't belive me anyway

Wow I can't believe the denial that exists from you. There have been numerous articles posted by the Turkish community addressing this very topic, along with major German newspapers. When I was refering to eastern europe. I was speaking of Eastern Germany, where Turks happen to be one of the most disliked ethnic groups. Fortunately in recent years things have changed for the better.

The Magdeberg incident agianst several turks comes to mind. In fact one Turkish man was nearly burned to death. 5 turks also killed in Solingen. If I remeber this was a fairly newsworth incident. There were also some notable firebombings against mosques. If you wish to look up more, go for it. Go see the accounts for yourself from the muslim community.

I am not saying Germans are racist, but to deny the racism that exists against Turks in Europe is silly. You can start with the Journal of the International Institute. That being said I personally believe the vast majority of Europeans are fairly tolerant. And as i stated earlier vast strides have been made.

And as Swede has said, what one person considers white is only a matter of perception anyways.

Last edited by MtnClimber; May 4, 2007 at 5:44 PM.