View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 28, 2015, 5:28 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricron View Post
You're not much of a fan if you aren't willing to travel 10 to 15 miles. I know someone in Glen Rose who has tickets to UT football games and that's a distance of 161 miles, which is far in access of 10 or 15 miles.
I'm willing to suggest that even if minor league basketball, hockey, and baseball were playing in downtown Austin you wouldn't go - you'd be complaining about how much it costs. Believe it or not, attendance of both minor league teams playing in Cedar Park have risen since moving there.
Both the Cedar Park Center and Dell Diamond are more than 10 or 15 miles away from where I live. The Cedar Park Center is 27 miles away and the Dell Diamond is 29 miles from my home. Add to the fact that I would have to travel through the city and any traffic congestion I come across and it can take over an hour to get to either of them. They are not ideal for serving the entire Austin metropolitan area.

If there was an arena DT you bet I'd go see games. Even if it's more expensive it wouldn't matter cause the money in gas that I would save would balance that out.