View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 10, 2019, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
I'm definitely pleased about the Cider Corps / Myke's collaboration. One thing I've thought downtown Mesa has long lacked is good pizza. My experiences with Queen's were not good, and now I believe that pizzeria has gone out of business. Having a permanent indoor location for Myke will fill the vacuum nicely. I look forward to trying it soon. I'm also excited about Worth Takeaway's expansion into a larger space.
Yeah, I had a good calzone at Queen's once, but who wants a calzone all the time; the pizza and general experience IMO was subpar. And yeah, Worth expansion is great and was needed.

I went to Chupacabra Thursday during their planned "soft" open, and it was busy at ~9:30 PM. Chatted with one of the owners briefly who said they had been open for like 10 hours the day before with standing room only at times. Hopefully they keep the momentum. It's a small space, like 900 sf, but it's a plus as it has a "neighborhood watering hole" feel that works. They've got a good patio and a food truck. Blog coverage today: https://mouthbysouthwest.com/2019/06...downtown-mesa/

I think a bar with more expansive food options--something similar to AZ Wilderness, Four Peaks, etc.--in the old yoga studio at the NWC of Main/Robson would be a perfect compliment and make a nice cluster around that corner.