View Single Post
Old Posted May 19, 2019, 8:34 PM
Meh

Yeah, I always ask for the lowest elevation possible at grade to the highest elevation on the building. Actually, I haven't had to do that in a long time now that we're able to see the elevations so easily through the site plans. I also tend to go back and verify what they sent me either with elevations I've come across later on or else I measure it with Google Earth. I know some people likely disagree with using Google Earth as a source, but I've seen that they're pretty accurate when compared to the elevations.

Some elevations don't list the lowest sea level elevation either listing the base number simply as 100 feet, or they list the average, and in those cases, you either have to figure out what the lowest was based on whatever other numbers they included or measure the location in Google Earth.

Elevations also don't always show the mechanical penthouse height, so you either have to measure that in the elevations, or else measure it in Google Earth.

Also, some of those rooftop structures go through modifications in the design process that aren't reflected in the building elevations, and that can change the height. That's where I usually rely on Google Earth the most often. Windsor on the Lake was one building that had some changes made to its mechanical penthouse after the elevations were released, and I had to go back and measure it to be sure. It was also easy then to verify that the design was different since I was looking at two different ones.