View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 23, 2006, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan
well, if that's what you're hoping to be surprised with, you'll be sadly disappointed. however, the building is actually much better the way it is being designed than the way you're hoping it will turn out. if the glass curtain wall was to be brought out to the undulating edges of this building, it would veer towards the "blobbish" (along with being absurdly and prohibitively expensive). with the clearly articulated floor plates/balconies extruded beyond the perimeter wall of the glass box we have something that comes close to what a IBM/'marina city love child might look like.

this proposal is all chicago and it's all awesome.

move over fordham spire, i have a new favorite chicago skyscraper proposal to look forward to.
No, I hear what youre saying and Im hugely confident this will turn out awesome either way because they know what theyre doing and I dont but it was just a wish. This is my baby now and I want the best. Move the hell over BVic and Waterwho? and Fordham can kiss my ass, hes taking too long but as soon things take off there I'll be on the bandwagon again but until then AQUA is mine and forever.

Im just excited about where my second home is heading in architecture. OMG, can you imagine if it sat on the river?