View Single Post
Old Posted May 13, 2020, 3:19 AM
Small but Mighty

I know that this isn't the best mindset to have and that it most definitely ignores what science has been telling us but it simply won't make sense over the next few weeks to maintain the lock down at the same level it is now because of our neighboring states. Indiana is really starting to open up with restaurants and bars opening up this week and more to come. Although I personally haven't been to Indiana in the past few weeks, family members there tell me it is way more relaxed than here. What is the point of having a stay at home order when we could have thousands of people crossing the Indiana border or Wisconsin border or Iowa border every day possibly bringing Covid-19? Now I understand that our state has way more cases than those states but my point still stands. We are a nation after all, not a collection of independent states (as much as Pritzker and Trump would like). Of course if we had had a nationwide lockdown (or at least better federal direction) than there wouldn't be any problems here but that's not the case.