View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 27, 2022, 6:05 AM

Also... who else is obsessed with the classically designed station canopies and lighting fixtures of the Gold line foothill stations??? SIMPLE, CLEAN, TIMELESS ELEGANCE

I feel like I'm taken back in time to the 1940's Southern California where the Pacific Electric railway and the Los Angeles Railway was the world's largest... Or like I'm riding an attraction at Disney World that's based off of a cartoon that was in the 1940's.. It's so... Train like!!! My dream is to reconstruct much of those systems AND have a comprehensive elevated/subterranean rapid transit system where appropriate. Keep Light Rail on the ground and have these cute stations sprinkled throughout gorgeous tree-lined and/or mountain viewed stations across the basin...

Who wouldn't want to wait a few minutes at stations that look like this in L.A.??

The first phase from LA to Pasadena has green canopies and the second phase to Asuza has reddish canopies... Anyone know what color phase 3's palatte will use???

With the regional connector soon to be completed; we can develop brand new grade separated elevated/subway rapid lines designed for speed and high capacity for longer distance cross-county trips, while beefing up the slower more pedestrian-focused central city light rail/streetcar systems to create a true car free/car light environment unique to LA's history, beautiful topography and weather.

I took these two pictures on Opening Day March 5, 2016...

Look at the view of those mountains from the station platform... what an EPIC treat!

...and you best believe I will be at opening day for the extension to Pomona... and Montclair... and the regional connector... and... whew, our list is getting quite long... Ive been at every rail grand opening in LA since the Gold Line East Side opened in 2009

Last edited by hughfb3; Jun 27, 2022 at 7:22 AM.