View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 23, 2022, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
I think Helen Gym has actually done a lot of good (previously). But like you said, these are not problems Philly can fix alone.

Philly needs a technocrat who has a genuine interest in running the city well. Making improvements to the day to day stuff we see. I think Kenney's heart is in the right place but he literally doesn't have a operational bone in his body. I'm certain he doesn't even know what the term metric means.

In the past, I would have said Rhynhart and Domb were my first choices.

I now think it's Green and Rhynhart in that order. Go forward, I'm not voting for any boomers in any capacity in any office anywhere because it's time for them to move on and step aside. Domb can continue in a leadership capacity on council as he adds genuine value there but we also need creative problem solvers, ingenuity and vision.

Agree about boomers. One of the worst generations, IMO. I've always thought a politician could be successful running on a platform geared toward simplifying life...simplifying taxes, regulations, permitting and the general bureaucracy of government. There will be winners and losers but I think people get most frustrated with government when it makes their life more cumbersome. It may sound too generic a message but I think simplifying life is a good foundational narrative to build a campaign and structure policies around. I don't know if this aligns with any of the candidates but I'm probably more inclined toward Rhynhart at this point.