View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 28, 2012, 1:51 AM

google street view

The other building I thought was interesting in the 'not a cornfield' area is just north and across the street from 1727 N. Spring Street
(to refresh your memory 1727 is shown above...and circled in red below). The 'other' bldg. is pinpointed with the red A teardrop.

There is hardly a tree in this whole industrial area except in front of this attractive one story building. When I came across the building it seemed
so different from the other buildings in the area....charming architecture and pleasant shade from the trees.

google street view

google street view

below: This view also shows a garage entrance at the southern end of the building.

google street view

____

I revisited this charming building today (via google) and someone chopped down all the damn trees!!

google street view

I half expected to see Gaylord_Wilshire standing there with a smirk and a chain-saw.

google street view

google street

google street view

___

Looking south on N. Spring Street from Wilhardt Street before the trees were removed.

google street view

below: Another view down N. Spring St. from Wilhardt St. minus the trees.

google tree view

Obviously the trees were lost when new curbing and sidewalks were recently installed (a good thing)....but I wish
they could have saved this small group of trees.

Am I the only one that liked it better with the trees? (I already know your opinion G_W )

___

Last edited by ethereal_reality; Apr 28, 2012 at 2:25 AM.