View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 17, 2012, 12:52 AM
Motor City Mountaineer

Exclamation Two years of life in Morgantown, WV. (300 pics)

I will continually update this until I leave Morgantown in May!

For about two years now, I’ve lived in Morgantown, West Virginia, a small city, centered around West Virginia University. The city has a population of 29,660, urbanized area population of 111,200, and a metro of 129,709, and growing; this does not count the 30,000+ WVU students. Living here, I have noticed a revival in the urban, historic neighbourhoods, more businesses coming into the central neighbourhoods, new residents, new developments, rehabilitation of abandoned buildings, new construction, and a newfound pride in the city’s grit. Downtown Morgantown’s successful revitalization and the gentrification of the Wharf District has lead to revitalization in surrounding core neighbourhoods and gentrification along the Beechurst corridor, with a signature 9-story mixed-used facility under construction All of which are contributing to the recent renaissance. There has also been recent talks of expanding and updating the PRT system, and Morgantown has just been added to Megabus. The city has been featured nationally for weathering the recession, having a high quality of life, and having the lowest unemployment rate in the nation in 2010. The pictures here are of anything I found interesting at the time, sorry, some will be blurry. I highlight the negatives and the positives. Anyway, this is my city!

Last edited by whatsthepoint13; Mar 22, 2012 at 7:47 PM. Reason: Added additional information