View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 12, 2008, 4:52 AM

Ontario Stone Towns | GREENSVILLE and WATERDOWN

HAMILTON NEIGHBOURHOODS:
CorktownDurandCentralDundasLocke St. SouthBurlingtonStinsonWestdaleSt. ClairKeithLandsdale
The DeltaGibsonJamesvilleConcession StreetDurand NorthDurand SouthOld Dundas HousesHess VillageBarton Street
AncasterNorth KirkendallSouth KirkendallMcMaster UniversityDowntownThe BayfrontThe North EndKenilworth
Mountain BrowTextile DistrictStrathconaNorth StipleyFlamboroughBeasleyChedokeStoney CreekThe Beach Strip

HAMILTON FEATURES:
C I T Y _ L I G H T SStone HamiltonTwilight of the Industrial AgeTwilight of the Industrial Age II
Stone in Dundas and AncasterGoodbye, Hamilton (from 43 floors up)Dirty BrickDay for Night
This broken down old city still manages to wake up every morning...Everywhere, Ontario< R - E - T - R - O >
HAMILTON | Scenes from the cutting room floorS U B U R B I A !Everywhere, OntarioHamilton Rowhouses
< H E A V Y <> I N D U S T R Y > Old Man Winter vs. Hamilton

Greensville and Waterdown

Hamilton, Ontario

Looking back to Hamilton from Dundas Peak

Looking down on Dundas (I live down there). I don't know the guy in the photo, he was just there

Now onto Greensville, a village on the mountain above Dundas. Greensville has a mixture of old and modern housing, including
many old stone houses

Looking into the Dundas Valley.

There are many large estates in Greensville. I think the guy who lives here is a billionaire (I'm not kidding)

Unfortunately the wealthy often live on private roads so I can't always photograph their mansions. You'll have to trust me, there
are some spectacular homes up here.

Webster's Falls, one of over 80 waterfalls within Hamilton's city limits.

The ruins of the Darnley Grist Mill at Crooks Hollow, built in 1811

Fall colours on the Niagara Escarpment. The Niagara Escarpment is a World Biosphere Reserve and this particular part of it
is protected by the Hamilton Conservation Authority. There are many conservation areas plus the Royal Botanical Gardens
protecting this area's natural beauty.

The Spencer Gorge

Tew's Falls, a little dry because it hasn't rained much lately. This waterfall
created the gorge above.

King Street winds up the mountain from Dundas with the Skyway bridge, Hamilton Harbour and Lake Ontario in the background

King Street and the railroad as seen from Dundas Peak, if you travel on VIA
rail between Windsor and Toronto via Aldershot you take these tracks

A little reminder that we are in suburbia

Onward to Waterdown, one of three significant old towns on the west side of Hamilton (the others are Dundas and Ancaster).

Grindstone Creek flows through Waterdown

I looked all over for a good view of the Hamilton or Burlington skylines, but all the good views were on private property. Here is
a nice view of Hamilton's steel industry

Smokey Hollow

Ontario Gothic

One more blast of fall colour

Another reminder that we are in suburbia. Waterdown is growing fast with over 6500 new homes and a large big box power
centre under construction.

A look through my windshield down Highway 6 towards Hamilton. The road is being converted to a freeway.

Last edited by flar; May 16, 2009 at 5:20 PM.