View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 16, 2006, 8:24 PM

"possibly the largest concentration of early 20C mansions in Canada" [REMASTERED]

HAMILTON NEIGHBOURHOODS:
CorktownDurandCentralDundasLocke St. SouthBurlingtonStinsonWestdaleSt. ClairKeithLandsdale
The DeltaGibsonJamesvilleConcession StreetDurand NorthDurand SouthOld Dundas HousesHess VillageBarton Street
AncasterNorth KirkendallSouth KirkendallMcMaster UniversityDowntownThe BayfrontThe North EndKenilworth
Mountain BrowTextile DistrictStrathconaNorth StipleyFlamboroughBeasleyChedokeStoney CreekThe Beach Strip

HAMILTON FEATURES:
C I T Y _ L I G H T SStone HamiltonTwilight of the Industrial AgeTwilight of the Industrial Age II
Stone in Dundas and AncasterGoodbye, Hamilton (from 43 floors up)Dirty BrickDay for Night
This broken down old city still manages to wake up every morning...Everywhere, Ontario< R - E - T - R - O >
HAMILTON | Scenes from the cutting room floorS U B U R B I A !Everywhere, OntarioHamilton Rowhouses
< H E A V Y <> I N D U S T R Y > Old Man Winter vs. Hamilton

Durand
Hamilton, Ontario
Originally photographed October 2006, remastered May 2009

This is one of Hamilton's best kept secrets. Durand is situated at the foot of the Niagara Escarpment, just southwest of Downtown Hamilton.
Not merely a couple of streets with nice homes--Durand is over 40 city blocks of incredible homes. Many architectural styles can be seen among
these late nineteenth and early twentieth century stately homes and mansions. These pictures don't really do the neighbourhood justice, but
here's a sampling of some of the homes:

Last edited by flar; May 24, 2009 at 2:52 AM.