View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 13, 2010, 8:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
^^^
The blacks here dont wont anything to do with the rednecks, thats for sure. Its very strange, here in this small town even its very segregated. There is a distinct line between where the black neighborhoods start and then the white. It is almost like going back in time.
Oh, right....because Chicago has such a *great* reputation for racial integration! So it must have been such a *shock* to you to learn the concept of 'white' neighborhoods and 'black' neighborhoods.... like "going back in time." lol.

C'mon, photo, really? You really don't understand why people choose to take issue with this thread? Every comment you've made on here has been with a tinged, "holier-than-thou" attitude; you've been narrow-minded, and you've been manipulating these poor people that are your neighbors, and that you had the chutzpuh to take photos of-- unbeknownst to them, I'm sure-- for the purposes of exploitation....to stroke your ego, and to show the world-- anonymously-- the circumstances of their lives, as if to say "Hey! Look how much better I am than these people! You guys can feel better by looking at them, too!"

Well, photo, I don't feel better having seen your little thread. I feel a lot worse. I'm embarassed for you, and I am very sad that there are people out there like you who prefer to devote this much time hating their neighbors, when they could just as easily be helping their neighbors. And all for no reason than because they're different from you. What a shame.

I came to this thread because a few forumers on skyscrapercity were talking about it, and seemed upset by it. Seeing it, I understand completely why. It is entirely voyeuristic, and I hope that you grow out of the phase that you are in where you think that it is ok to talk this way about the serious things that impact the lives of the people around you. In your community and city, for God's sake...

Take care, and good luck.