View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Belt View Post
^I'd vote for your plan. Much of the pain is self inflicted and NIMBYs reject solutions to their pain.
Completely agree and that is what is so maddening about this. I just saw an article about some development in Sherman Oaks being reduced in size(like 280 apartments to 240 so not a huge reduction) and everyone is acting like this is a good development. It should have had 10x as many apartments to begin with and the measly scope is reduced. Then I turn around and see another article about the housing crisis and solutions city leaders are "trying" to come up with. Play connect the dots here and things start looking funny really quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA21st View Post
Yea, it's getting frustrating seeing LA building all these mixed use 7 story buildings when it should really be adding 20-30 story towers in many nieghborhoods. They're building some of these, but it's not enough.
A huge problem also is that many of the ones that are opening have rents starting at like 3.5k a month for a fucking studio!!!! When the working class can't pay for these and they are built for those using them as a second or a vacation homes, it doesn't do much to ease the housing crunch.