View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 16, 2018, 6:41 PM
The Picture Guy

Yes, and why hasn't anyone negotiated with those old building homeowners to "develop" the site? All redevelopment in Taipei is done through negotiation, I understand this is not China.

My point is, why hasn't any developers approached homeowners to negotiate and redevelop the site. . Almost all the buildings near my former residence in Xinyi (I lived there from 1984 - 2000) have been redeveloped, this seems to be the only one left, and it is strange especially in such a sought-after desirable area. And it caught my attention because Fubon is redeveloping the site without this part and leaving an oddly shaped property boundary (most builders redevelop the whole block in Xinyi), it not only seems like a missed opportunity but also seems that it may be due to political reasons. Is it because these old buildings are owned by Veterans Office? (Veterans Affairs office is the yellow building next to it) Does anyone know or could find out about it? I don't know everything that's happening in Taipei because I live in Los Angeles now.

Ricopedra, New York is even more expensive, and they can still redevelop older buildings into newer ones. By your definition, nothing new can be built in NYC.

Anyway, hopefully we will hear some news about it in the future. I am not complaining about them being there, I am just curious why nobody has thought about redeveloping them. This is now in fact the only site left in Xinyi Planned District that can still be redeveloped; everywhere else is fully modernized.