View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2010, 5:37 PM

The new twinned section of Highway 101 from Three Mile Plains (4) to Trunk 14 (5) is still being touched-up but it works and looks great so far. The drive up to the Valley is a lot better now with the two sections twinned, sped up (110km/h limit, 120km/h designed), and made a lot safer with death corner now gone (Ben Jackson Rd). Of course past Exit 9 and through Windsor is still sketchy to drive on but from what I hear from Exit 5 to 5A will be the next section to get done. I think they could do it with a wide median but once they replace the causeway (5A to 7 section) a concrete barrier is probably needed and the replacement bridge should have six lanes (design for eight if possible) to carry the local traffic on.

I just hope all of the land near the gypsum cliffs in the St. Croix River Valley is protected so that the great view will always be there. When they were blasting for the new section they even made a small other cliff that you can get a close up look at though it's nothing compared to some other roadside wonders like Bear Cave near Folly Lake or the impressive new cliff at Larry Uteck.