View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIA View Post
So this one was apparently controversial at the planning board meeting. It was a very narrow vote for approval, 5/4 or something. I wish I could have been there to hear the arguments for and against.

That area of town sucks, seen by most as nothing more than wasteland a car must traverse when entering NYC. These towers will help reclaim some of the lands as Jersey City and should help bring additional investment to the area. I don't know how a PATH connection would work, but anything north of the Holland Tunnel is going to need major pedestrian and transit improvements and these towers could be the catalyst.

Density is much more important to me than height. There is nothing wrong with tall buildings, but I would love to see more encouragement of midrise buildings to create a more urban setting. SOmething like this:
I was just about to say something about this. Who would want to live at the base of the Holland tunnel like that, on the NJ side? where that immediate area around the tunnel is very unwalkable. I'm sure the building will be very nice and the views will surely be stunning though. JC has come a really long way from when I was growing up, but at the same time they still have a lot of work to do. Their skyline is looking amazing lately, but they particularly need to work on the street level density in a lot of areas. There are other walkable areas in JC, so I know they can do it.