View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 20, 2015, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
I love the concept of "Wicker Park Connection" but the branding is atrocious. It's a really interesting, unusual piece of urban design for Chicago. Obviously it has the usual security concerns with a blind corner and being far from auto traffic, but if they can activate it successfully 24/7 then it shouldn't attract criminals.

It should really be called a lane, alley, mews, market, or arcade... "Wicker Park Connection" sounds like the name of a wannabe urban boutique in Downtown Naperville. The existing little stub plaza on Milwaukee is called Mautene Court, but I can understand why that's not the catchiest name for marketing purposes.

PKDickman, can you lean on these guys for a better name?
It was gonna be Wicker Commons, but they sold that with the shopping center.
I think they like names with "C"s for "Centrum" branding.

This thing is still at the pipedream stage.

We listened to 25 minutes of what species of tree and what color of hammock (perhaps they could call it the hobo jungle) and about 3 minutes on bulk and density. The remaining 2 minutes were about progress on the Division street part of the project (already approved).

Remember, these guys are the same ones that brought us the Roosevelt and Lakeview Collections.