View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 8, 2021, 3:50 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyRonin View Post
I'm imagining some sort of futuristic Venice here, or laying the groundwork for a Kensington Market one the island. I think that would contribute something more important to the city as a whole than what a bit of extra green space could provide.
I agree with this on the whole but I don't know if the city could/if I trust the city to be able to develop something like a Kensington on the Islands. It would be neat but i'd be very impressed if anything actually took shape like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biguc
Building out Portlands (which would be a great place for a megatall) and BB would give it a serious megacity feel, like Shanghai mixed with Singapore.
Would a megatall at Portlands not be in the flight path of planes landing at BB?

Don't really think anything is done at BB until Portlands is built out for the most part into something big and dense. That's the more develop-able land at this point and should be the priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biguc
They also need another line across downtown from Bloor to East Harbour and into the Portlands.
Looking at things very roughly I think I would prefer a line from Portlands through Regent Park to Gerrard, then west on Gerrard until Keele, then north on Keele. It would fill in central sections not being covered by Ontario Line, connect the western terminus of St. Clair streetcar to something, and better connect the Junction to the rest of the city while adding a NW-to-SE option for travel.