View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 21, 2018, 3:21 PM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronvonellis View Post
It would be alot better with a good rail line to Hyde Park too! I've only taken the bus 3-4 times in Chicago. I don't like the buses, there always seems to be aggressive panhandlers and smelly people that haven't taken a bath in a month on the bus. I don't mind the trains, they seem alot better for some reason.
The buses are fine, I ride them almost every day. The only problem is that they're often overcrowded...

But there isn't really any bus line super convenient to the Oriental Institute, other than the UChicago locals (171/172). The 192 and 2 express buses stop reasonably close but are only available during commute hours. The 6, 55 and 4 are both a 10 minute walk or so (and the 4 is super slow and the 55 requires a transfer; moreover both the 55 and 4 go through some areas tourists might feel uncomfortable in). The Metra UChicago stop is almost as far away as the 6, but it probably would still attract more tourists if it was fare integrated with the CTA.

Since that will probably never happen, I wonder if a new LSD express that goes down Woodlawn between 47th and 67th would be viable.