View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trubador View Post
Children's is frequently ranked in the top 10 nationally. They split pediatric hospital from general hospitals in national rankings. Now when you get into specialties and sub specialties National Jewish is the best pulmonology hospital in the united states and has achieved a #1 or #2 ranking for nearly two decades. Craig hospital is the #7 rehab hospital and has ranked in the top ten for nearly three decades. No matter what way you look at it, health care in Colorado is improving and when the new VA hospital goes online, it will only improve the perception.
Excellent points.

Hopefully the new VA will get enough funding? In any case I suspect it will take a few years to get up to snuff. It would be great if ultimately it would become a model of VA care. Seems I recall intended cooperation with UC Health in some areas.

Which got me to wondering if I had missed any updates but no, the last one was October of last year. Hope they're finding enough interior tradesman? Pending finish is 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays View Post
Since then, people have continued to project the end of the boom (some people) while others continue to be optimistic. The optimists keep building, aided by offshore money in many cases. This sounds like Denver too.
Searching me dark matter it seems over the last 12 months there's been a noticeable uptick in company moves to Denver. Nothing yuge but the diversity continues to amaze. Given the lag time from announcement to actually moving and later adding employees things should continue apace. Not the same amount of (Amazon) steroids perhaps but there are similarities.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the downtown core? Many see RiNo as an extension of downtown and the volume of projects in the hopper will keep that area humming for many years. The mix of product and density should enable RiNo to be both popular and maintain is diverse appeal. While there may be turnover I assume the demand for city life will continue.

I'm sure you'd agree that the availability and cost of capital has been good while the cost of construction creeps ever higher.