View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 4, 2019, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
Yeah, okay, why not. The building in question is 16x100 and three stories tall (although it steps inward with each story, so the length of the third floor is... 75 feet I think?) and the estimate I got was $69,000. This was definitely one of the more shocking numbers in our build-out (I am a software developer, not a property developer), but asking around we got estimates that were generally in the same range. I think the stucco line item ultimately "only" ran us closer to $40,000. Candidly, that was towards the end of the constant financial barrage. I tend to have an attention for detail on the billing side of things, but at this stage I just wanted to move in. "What's it cost? Do we have enough? What are our options? Okay sure." (Options eventually became "pause construction" for a few months at the end there)

Now, when the contractor showed up for the job, he complimented the plans for the stucco, said that our architect didn't cut corners, and that a lot of projects called for some It did take a while for the process to complete - different kinds of seals and layers, and it looks way better than I was expecting it to. So far!
Gotcha. Good stuff. Thanks.