View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 22, 2019, 5:30 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
Based on those renderings...one is not 594' and the other 704'. They're much, much closer to the same height - like originally proposed.
I'll go with what the elevations say rather than the renderings. For one thing, the two towers are not side by side. The two towers sit caddy corner from each other and face the podium of the other building. The shorter tower is actually farther away from the camera than the taller tower is, according to what the site plan shows of the building footprints. Also, the original 595 foot heights for these were only referring to the main roofs and did not count the mechanical penthouses. This is typical for Austin developments as mechanical penthouses are exempt from height bonuses. Also, at that time when the two towers were stated as being 595 feet tall, they were both listed as having 50 floors. Later, the project stated that the taller tower would be 695 feet with 60 floors, but again, that was without counting the mechanical penthouse.

Also, 704 feet with 60 floors certainly is one of the tallest in Austin. Today it would be our tallest, and would only be our third tallest assuming 6 X Guadalupe and The Republic get built.

Something else I noticed is that the renderings showing the podium and garage section appear somewhat different in design from that of the towers themselves in the overall towers rendering. The renderings are also using an outdated photo that doesn't include 70 Rainey. Now, I don't blame them for not wanting another residential tower in their marketing info, but 70 Rainey as we all remember seemed to take forever to get up into the air, which suggests the rendering is several years old. I'm still wondering if they'll tweak the designs a bit.

In fact, they already have somewhat. The shorter tower has some detail changes from the last rendering we saw. The placement of the shorter tower also seems to be different from what is being proposed based on the site plan showing the building footprints. Notice that the podium in both of these renderings appears to be the same, but the taller tower in the new rendering is sitting on top of that same section. Also, it looks to me like both buildings are sitting a bit farther south in the 2nd rendering. Notice how much closer the podium is to The Shore condos than it is in the first rendering. Also, notice that more of the Millennium apartment building in the background is visible in the 2nd rendering than in the first.