View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 2:20 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiShawn View Post
According to Block Club, Burnett (27th) and Solis (25th) said they'll consider developments on a case-by-case basis, which sounds like political speak for go pound sand with your height restrictions. Solis also said the parking minimums (1:1) for condos were too high.
Wow, I’m glad Solis is talking this way. As Pilsen’s Alderman, we need more development there. Also, I’m glad more city leaders are getting on board with the move away from excess parking.

I loved reading this:

Quote:
Ald. Walter Burnett (27th), whose ward includes the West Loop, lauded Neighbors of West Loop for their hard work on the plan, but said that he considers proposed developments on a case-by-case basis and will continue to do so in the future.

An outright cap on height could limit development and deter certain projects from coming into the neighborhood and bring needed economic resources to the West Loop and the city of Chicago, Burnett said

“It’s volatile to make any kind of decisions that are going to slow things down,” the veteran alderman said.