View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 2, 2009, 2:05 PM

Fitzroy St. Homburg Building

Hi All

MontonRad, I believe there is a connection to the parkade at the back. I'm not 100% sure but I seem to recall that was suggested. I'll try and find a definate answer to that.
The flag may be for wind direction and also for display of the construction company that is putting up the steel frame. The Flag has a company logo on it with letters "MSE" on it.
Notice the stepped back top two floors! They were designed to be that way for a specific purpose. Originally, the building was to be 7 stories high but there was concern the top floor may interfere with Jean Canfield buildings massive solar panels which is just across the street. So what they did was to step back the 7th floor and then add an 8th floor stepped back even further to make up for the lost floor space on the 7th.
You can see the solar panels in the web cam at http://www.gov.pe.ca/islandcam/camera1.php3 which can be seen down University Ave, and you can also see the steel frame left of that.
Yes, I like the buildings design. It will complement the new buildings that have gone up around that area in the last 10 years.

Cheers