View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 30, 2021, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesrmj View Post
Yes that is correct. United/American domestic will operate out of T1 and T3, United/American international and Star/Oneworld alliance airlines will operate out of the Global Terminal, and Delta and Skyteam alliance airlines will operate out of T5. I also think the low cost carriers that are currently operating out of T5 will stay there, and Spirit will continue to use some gates in the L concourse.

Delta will gain access to their own wide body capable gate when they move to T5, so that definitely leaves the possibility for them to offer international flights. Delta in fact used to have a seasonal international flight from Chicago to Paris. The only problem though is that ORD isn't one of their hubs or even focus cities, and they've instead chosen DTW and MSP for their midwest hubs. I hope that Delta at least makes ORD a focus city because in my opinion, they are missing out in one of the world's largest aviation markets.
Delta does have a base of flight attendants here in Chicago, so we aren't completely overlooked.

With Alaska Airlines joining the Oneworld Alliance, does that mean Alaska with operate out of T3 as well?