View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 20, 2013, 4:14 PM
dream fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by denizen467 View Post
And mysteriously, the big abstract metal sculpture in front of a Lincoln Park manse (Armitage & Burling) that seemed to have a twin in the NEIU render is now being disassembled. The masonry wall in front of the house is being taken apart and the sculpture has already been half removed. Maybe this landowner really was just safekeeping (or enjoying the benefit of) the sculpture until the construction of the NEIU building. After all, as mentioned a while back there was a cornerstone on that house bearing the logo of Novak Construction, and Novak Construction happens to be located next to the NEIU site. I have no idea what the precise connection is, or whether the mansion is Mr Novak's or something, but it's all too much of a coincidence. FYI Google Maps got a shot of the sculpture (aerial view, not street view).

-------------------

The Wicker Park Citgo is completely fenced off, with a colorful sign advertising the upcoming condo and its website: hermitagesixteen11.com
6-11

I happened by that 'monstrosity' sculpture last week at Armitage & Burling. Never understood why the owner put it there. Temporary holding spot would have made sense. City should make him move it, completely out of context there. I asked one of the crew what they were doing, he said they were moving it over. Didn't say to where or how much over...

Last edited by george; Jun 20, 2013 at 4:27 PM.