View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 5, 2021, 5:06 PM
Urbane observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Hopefully they took the time to actually talk with planners at CMAP, DPD, etc about the transit needs at this site.
Ha.

I've been in several nonpublic meetings with such folk that touched on this topic. Unwilling to slam the door on whoever's so politically connected that they've been keeping this fever dream going, the operating agencies have politely but noncommittally said "we'll look at whatever plan is presented."

Landmark Development is utterly clueless about Chicago transit. They wanted to say Orange Line spur so they could say "one-seat ride to MDW." They wanted to say BNSF spur so they could say "one-seat ride to Naperville." When I asked Bob Dunn how his new transit hub helped the Bears fan coming in from Barrington, he seemed unaware that UP trains come into a different station. A year ago, I was at a meeting where they'd suddenly added Rock Island trains into their analysis, hoping to somehow prove that their new project would give new access to good jobs for poor blacks in South Cook County. The South Side community leaders at the table snickered and went to the back of the room to get another danish.