View Single Post
Old Posted May 15, 2018, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumdogmillionaire View Post
I don't know if I'm as concerned as you on this Left_of_Center. Spending time in the South Loop and Printer's Row has taught me that there is very little vehicular traffic in that part of the city. Sure, Well st. being connected will add some, but I doubt it's enough to earn the worries you have. I think because of the suburban hell to the east of the location and industrial wasteland just on the other side of the river it'll still be shielded from much traffic. Maybe years down the line when more people know about it, it'll become a shortcut, but I'm not worried. Most people will use public transit and their feet to get there
I'm not sure what you're talking about in terms of the general lack of traffic, but at the moment Clark, Harrison, Polk, etc. is hell on earth traffic-wise. I think much of this is, hopefully, temporary as all the traffic that hasn't been able to enter the loop off of the northbound Ryan for years now has found its way to the Chinatown feeder ramp and them up Clark. There are periods where it can take me 20-25 minutes to get from LSD to the corner of Clark and Harrison.