View Single Post
Old Posted May 31, 2007, 5:50 PM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastidaho View Post
You both mention the retail scene in Riverstone, what is it like by the convention center? pedestrian traffic? Also, is CDA seeing large increases in 2nd home owners, with larger seasonal swings in population?

I guess my questions refer to comparing five years ago to today. From about the time of my last visit.
I'm not sure what convention center you are referring to. There is no official city convention center, so I believe you are talking about the large convention center at the Coeur d'Alene Resort downtown...

My observations:
There has been an increase in pedestrians downtown, but it is hard to separate whether these people are new residents, etc. The downtown retailers have been doing great, even with the contining opening of stores in Riverstone. The next area that the city and urban renewal districts will focus on is the Midtown area, which streches north of downtown to I-90. There are seasonal swings in population, but not as much as areas such as McCall and Sun Valley. Some larger projects are focused on making sure most of the condos that they sell are to year-long residents as opposed to seasonal ones. These are just my observations though. In addition, I've been in Michigan for two years attending law school, so I only get back to town 2 or 3 times a year. When I go back next month, I'm going to do a huge photo tour of the town and post the pics here. In addition, most of the upper stories of Parkside will be done and I will try to get pictures from the upper floors.
Spokane, WA-Cd'A, ID CSA....785,302

Last edited by jimthemanincda; May 31, 2007 at 11:18 PM.