View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 4, 2018, 5:50 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
What does this mean? It’s kind of obvious. It means that people are responsible for their behavior. The Mayor is not at fault because a bunch of teen gangsters are shooting each other. And I’m tired of certain segments of the population always demanding that politicians be the ones to blame for this. It distracts these elected leaders from being able to do good work that actually might benefit everyone, from all sides of town, and all walks of life, who actually want to follow a path of self-betterment without being caught up in illegal activity. It distracts elected leaders from improving things that they actually have the power to change. I’m under no delusion that if my son goes out and starts doing drugs with other kids at school, that this is the school’s fault, or the Mayor of my city’s fault. I am tired of people wasting their energy blaming the wrong people for their problems, and probably making them not want to do their jobs any more (ie case in point—Rahm).

And enough with the false label of “racism” or “xenophobia” from people who will not allow a single person to make the point I made in the paragraph above—it’s what A LOT of people are thinking but are too scared to say because the point gets squashed among unfair labels like ones i above.
You say they are responsible for their own behavior, but your last post said they were responsible for their neighbor's behavior. Which is it?

Nobody labeled you anything, no need to play the victim. That you are so concerned about it might say more about your inner thoughts than labels that only you used.

The reality is that violence got worse during Rahm's tenure. Part of that is likely because of his decision to go heavy on overtime instead of hiring more officers in his first term. Part of it is completely out of his control. To imply that he is blameless, is essentially saying that our democratic process is a waste. If politicians can't impact anything, why have them?