View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realcity View Post
are you telling me a graphic designer with the City doing PSAs for unsold HSR space making 79k with pension is doing worse than say a designer for Fox40? bc I know for a fact, the City is at the top for midlevel, 60-100k positions over the private sector.
Who do you know? Because you don't sound very in the know. I'd rather not argue, because if you feel I am incorrect all the power to you. But first off, you said politicians, not graphic designers for the city, which are two very different things. Politicians have to spend thousands every four years to maintain their job.

Private sector almost always pays more. The average wage in the private sector is always more in nearly every case. Generally the government pays well from the start, like at the CRA where a starting position gets paid $52k, but they are very picky. The top end isn't that much either. A top level manager in government is looking at $150k or less generally. In the private sector jobs higher up can go into the $200k-$400k range easily near the top end.

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09