View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 17, 2015, 4:14 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
Unfortunately, no. Certainly not. Sorry, but you can't always be convincing enough online. Do you have any experience about this? People still have to see you for real. They need to see your very physiognomy, the way you move, your actual tone while facing them, just your everything about your work. They simply still need to actually see you to remain confident.
Only in fluff jobs where people don't have any technical knowledge and make judgments based on how attractive a salesman is. I've been on hundreds of conference calls and driven to a different office maybe 5 times in my life. I guess that's the difference between being an engineer (and having people evaluate your technical knowledge) and being a salesman (and having people evaluate you on your looks and fashion). I've had dozens of teleconferences with people in Houston about oil refineries we were working on and I'd assume given the nature of Texas as an oil industry state they would be more focused on technical performance. This isn't DC-NYC where your big jobs are government lobbying and finance.